Monday 18 December 2017

Three Facts I Learned About The Maori Legend Maui (Summer Learning Journey Day 1)

Fact 1. I learned that Maui said a Karakia to help him and his brothers catch fish.
Fact 2. Maui covered his hook in his own blood because his brothers wouldn't give him any bait to fish.
Fact 3. Maui caught one of the biggest fish of their time, despite what his brother's said and told him to cut the line because the fish was dragging their canoe out further into the ocean.

These are the three facts I have learned about Maui.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Blake!

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey programme. My name is Ellee and I will be blogging with you this summer.

    You have done an amazing job on your facts! They are all very great parts of the story to pick.
    I like that Maui didn't listen to his brothers and cut the line because he knew he could catch the fish. I also like that his karakia helped to catch many fish! Maui is a pretty impressive dude!
    What do you think?

    You have made a great start Blake! keep it up!

    Ellee :)

    P.S: Crash Bandicoot is also my favourite playstation game! which version do you like the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellee,

      Thanks for the feedback on the first activity on the Summer Learning Journey. I also think Maui is an impressive dude.
      Also my favourite version of Crash Bandicoot is Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity

      -Blake

      Delete
    2. Hey Blake,

      No problem, I really enjoyed reading your posts!
      I don't think I've played that Crash before ...I think I'm a little bit old school I play Crash 1, 2 and 3!

      Looking forward to commenting on your new posts,
      Ellee :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.