Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Activities

Activity One: The More, The Merrier?

No I would not like to be part of such a large family. My reasoning behind this has a lot of reasons. For instance having a large family means there is more people in the house to annoy you. Also it would mean you would have to share a room with your other siblings and would have barely any space to put anything. Also other siblings would take each others things.

Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry

I apologies because I was unable to complete a couple pieces of the Pepeha.

Ko Mount Cook te maunga   
Ko Grey River te awa         
Ko Nga Tahu te waka
Ko Arahura tōku marae
Ko Greymouth ahau
Ko Sarah rāua ko David ōku mātua  
Ko Blake tōku ingoa.


Bonus Activity: Fun Family Facts

Nana:
Two favorite things to do in summer:
Blackberry picking.
Finish white-bait season. (Preferably to catch a lot on the last day too)
Two fun facts:
Used to break-in race horses and run in the Harrier's Club.
Had eight acres of land in Reefton. In this land she owned sixty four Ewes, a three hundred and fifty pound Sow, fifteen Saanen goats, forty laying hens, two cattle beasts, two acre orchard and thirty eight Peking ducks.
Bonus Fact:
In summer times she used to raise around forty Bobby calfs and around thirty-forty Lambs, she did this over several years.
Mum:
Two favorite things to do in summer:
Fishing with me.
Going for walks on trails.
Two fun facts:
When she was my age (13) she was in a school band.
She likes to sing at karaoke.
Aunty:
Two favorite things to do in summer:
Likes to take her dog for a walk.
Likes going driving.
Two fun facts:
Likes to have water fights.
Hand feeds kittens.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you this summer.

    Those are some good reasons why you wouldn't want a big family. I hadn't thought about how having a big family means you would probably have to share a room (even though I shared room with my sister until I was 13!).

    You've done a great job with your pepeha! Well done. It can be tricky figuring out your iwi and hapu. In my pepeha I say that my iwi (tribe) is the Irish people because that is where my family come from. I say that my hapu (sub-tribe) is the Simpson family because they are my close family. Perhaps you could use these ideas in your pepeha? :)

    What a cool family you have! These are all great facts. Your Nana sounds like she's had an interesting life.
    What does your Aunty use to start a water fight? We have water pistols at my house and I love to squirt my brothers with them!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruby,

    Thanks for the feedback on this post, it was difficult to finish my Pepeha but I eventually got there. My Aunty usually starts a water fight by getting the hose too. Thanks again for the feedback. :)

    -Blake

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.