Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activites

Activity 1: Translating Phrases

Nau mai ki Aotearoa - Welcome to New Zealand
Blake is my name - Ko Blake toku ingoa
What is your name? - He aha to ingoa? 
He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro - I like to play rugby. 
Where do you come from? - No hea koe?
 
Activity 2: The Treaty of Waitangi

Three Fun things:
1. Learn about Maori culture.
2. Watch live Kapa Haka performences.
3. Take a tour along the Waitangi River.
 
My favorite activity to do:
Taking a tour along the Waitangi River.

Bonus Activity: #EarnTheFern
Four Questions:
1. What was it like competing in the Commonwealth Games?
2. How hard did you have to train?
3. Was it a difficult challenge?
4. How did you fell after it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blake,

    Ruby from the Summer Learning Journey here! It's great to see you have been consistently working on these activities. Well done!

    Activity 1: Great work! You have translated all of those phrases correctly and well. Could you write a sentence in Maori that tells me something about you? For example, I like to play the piano. In Maori this is: He pai taku ki te takaro i te piana.

    Activity 2: Those sound like really fun ideas. I didn't know you could tour the Waitangi River! Perhaps I will have to try that if I go to Waitangi again. I have been to Waitangi a few times and we always go to the museum and read about what happened in 1840. Have you ever been to Waitangi before?

    Bonus activity: Great work! Those are awesome open questions that are definitely going to get you a better answer than "yes" or "no"! Well done.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.