Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Activities

Activity One: A House Or A Home?

Similarities:
1. Both the Wharepuni and houses have some time of flooring.
2. They both had enough room to sleep.

Differences:
1. Wharepuni were made from timber, rushes, tree ferns and bark, with a earth floor and a thatched roof. While now houses are made of wood, bricks, wooden or other type of flooring and a metal roof.
2. Wharepuni were typically made into a rectangular shape, now houses are made into a random shape.


Activity Two: The Rules Of Engagment

My dream job in the form of a picture:
As you can see the box above is blank, this is due to me not having a dream job. I have learned over time that it is best to stay open minded to any job and not select a dream one until later in life when I have a rough idea what I would like to do.



Bonus Activity: Special Meals

My special meal is oven cooked meat lovers pizza. This is my favourite meal because it contains several types of meat and multiple sauces. Also it is my favourite meal because it tastes amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,

    Great job man! you are powering through the activities!

    Activity One:
    I like difference two about the different shapes, I was thinking similarly: I thought about the colour/paint on houses now for decoration and how a wharepuni has beautiful carvings for decoration and meaning (I wish we did this on houses now.. what do you think?)

    Activity two:
    I love this Blake! I thought that maybe you picture didn't load correctly before I read below!haha I am glad that you are willing to stay open-minded about your future, it is a good place to be. I also wasn't sure what I wanted to be when I grew up so I used to tell people I was thinking about running away with the circus but your answer is much better!

    Bonus:
    Mmmmmmmm pizza, its such a great choice for a favourite meal!
    Meat lovers pizza is also a good choice for flavour, do you like any other flavours? I saw that dominoes has bought out a dessert pizza, what do you think about that?

    Thanks for a great post today Blake! keep up the awesome work ...looking forward to what you'll post next!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellee,

      Thanks for the feedback on my post, I think having those carvings on houses now would be awesome. Also I have not yet seen dominoes dessert pizza.

      -Blake

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.