Monday 25 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1 Activities

Activity 1: St Joseph’s Cathedral
















Name: Amiens Cathedral
Location: Amiens, France
When it was built: 12th century
How long it took to build: Around 50 years.

Activity 2: The Right to Vote

I think it was unfair that women were not allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia. I think this because I think everyone should have the right to vote. Also because without the votes of women there wont be many votes as well so there would be an easier chance of a vote being passed.

Bonus Activity: In Flanders Fields

I think this poem is very sad but captures memories of our ANZAC soldiers. Also I think this poem sounds amazing if it is sung.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Activity 1: Good work! I hadn't heard of this cathedral before so I enjoyed finding out some more information on your blog post. It looks a lot like the Notre Dame in Paris! When I first looked at the picture I thought it was the Notre Dame! 50 years is a long time to be building something. Why do you think it took them such a long time?

    Activity 2: I don't think it's fair either. Women should be able to vote, their voices are worth just as much as a mans. It's a good thought that it would be easier for a vote to pass if there were less votes to be had. I hadn't thought of that before!

    Bonus activity: Is there a version of this poem that is sung?! That sounds like it would be amazing! Is there a link that you could share with us? I would love to hear that :)

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Blake,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and along with Ruby, I am also part of the Summer Learning Journey team!

    I was scrolling through your blog and I really like how you have included a picture in this blog post. I think it makes you blog look more interesting and adds a great visual image to what you have written. It is a very beautiful looking cathedral! It's just amazing how much detailing has gone into the patterns and statues of the cathedral.

    Would you want to visit France one day? What are some other things you would want to do in France, aside from visiting Amiens cathedral?

    The Summer Learning Journey team can't wait for you to return to blogging with us again! I hope we get to read more of your blogging soon.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.